Flat roof repair might seem easy since you can simply walk to the damaged area and fix what needs to be fixed. Unfortunately, it’s not usually that simple, and roofers have an entire checklist of dos and don’ts that they would like business owners to consider:
- Do frequent visual inspection for older flat roofs, especially right after a hail storm. Hail storms can easily damage an older flat roof because of the 90-degree angle of impact.
- Avoid hiring an inexperienced roofer. They can do more harm than good, and in the end you might have to hire another roofer to fix the mistakes.
- Don’t try to fix your own roof. Doing so can be dangerous as well as costly, especially if you miss damage that a professional roofer would have easily found and addressed.
- Ask roofers for a second opinion. Don’t just go with the first idea you found while researching roof repair online. Always get a team of highly regarded flat roof repair Denver specialists to inspect your roof and tell you about the damage in full.
- Don’t pay too much upfront. The general consensus among roofers is that you should never pay more than 10% of the total amount upfront.
- Have a long term maintenance plan. Flat roofs can get damaged again pretty easily if they aren’t properly taken care of. To avoid pooling, mold build-up and other issues that could lead to further repairs, talk to your commercial roofing experts about establishing an annual maintenance plan.